ESL go is a free English community of ESL students and ESL teachers. We help ESL students learning English as a second language through free ESL classes and free English practice message boards. ESL go.com helps teachers too; check out these free teaching ESL activities for TESOL, TESL, and TEFL.
Read about how to use this free ESL web site for learning English or teaching ESL + EFL.
My name is James Trotta, and I want to help you learn English or teach ESL. I know I can help, because I've been teaching since 1998 and teaching English as a second language since 2001. I'm currently a Ph.D. student in Instructional Systems at Florida State University. If you are learning ESL, study English online with me. It is free and we will improve your English! If you're teaching ESL, I hope that you send your students to ESL go and try out some of the ESL speaking activities, Business English handouts, and ESL lesson plans. Good luck!
1. Take a free online ESL class. Each ESL class helps students who are learning English grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, or listening, and helps you get ready to communicate with other English speakers.
2. Please do not be shy about using the English practice forums. While the guided practice provided by the classes is helpful, the most important thing is to communicate using English.
3. If you know anyone who is learning ESL, tell them about ESL go.com. Learning English is better when we do it together.
1. Check out the ESL classroom resources and see if you want to try (or adapt) any of these activities for one of your classes.
2. Check out the ESL quizzes and ESL forums. These can be assigned to students as homework, especially if something you've done in class relates to content of the ESL quiz or ESL forum you've chosen to use. Some teachers have used a free English class as the basis of a lesson.
3. Tell your students about this site, ESL go - free English as a second language and let them begin learning English independently.
Find quality Online Education Degree Programs at Lesley.edu.
Looking for more online classes to help develop your language skills?
Become a better teacher with online education degree programs.
This writing website offers assignment writing help for ESL students.
Friends in North America? 1-800-TRY-VOIP - unlimited phone service $19.95/mo. Call anyone anywhere in the US, CA & PR.
Online Degree - Advance your career with an online Masters Degree.
Vocaboly - Vocabulary builder for SAT, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT and more!
Russian/English Translations and Free Translation Support - Translation services in all major areas between Russian and English.
French translation - Translation service between French and English.
Study for an English language degree online - get a liberal studies degree to get a well rounded education.
|Learning ESL||Teaching ESL|
November, 2011 - Free Online GED - An online high school course testing English and other subjects.
April, 2013 - Passive voice class & quiz center - a collection of resources for studying passive voice grammar.
September 8, 2009 - working on some listening classes with embedded YouTube videos but they are not ready yet.
|New find someone who... speaking activity.|
September 6, 2008 - I had to get rid of the click to donate button. The developer turned out to be a flake and never got it finished / working perfectly. One of these days I will get that going again. If you notice any problems anywhere on the site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
March 4- I've added to the free English practice forums.
March 4- I've added new role-plays to the ESL speaking activities.
January 13, 2004- I've added the Study ESL in America class.
January 13, 2004- I've updated the teaching ESL lesson plans.
November 21 - I've made a free reciprocal links information page to help increase link popularity.
October 15- I've added the free online ESL business class list.
October 15- I've added to the teaching English as a second language resources.
June 1, 2003 - I've made ESL go.com public. Please invite your friends to join the ESL go.com English as a second language learning community and help me improve the site by e-mailing me your suggestions.
ESL = English as a second language
TESL = teaching English as a second language
EFL = English as a foreign language
TEFL = teaching English as a foreign language
TESOL = teaching English to speakers of other languages
ESL go - free English as a second language makes learning ESL and teaching ESL easier.